Following the success of my raw chocolate coated fruit balls at Sim’s lunch last Sunday, I decided to repeat the recipe and make raw chocolate coated fruit eggs for Easter. Super easy, super delicious, nutritious and good for your bowels, your whole body will benefit from this Easter treat.
Ingredients for the raw fruit balls
100g dried apricots
100g dried prunes
100g dried dates
100g dried currants
200g dessicated coconut
Ingredients for the raw chocolate
50g coconut butter
50g raw cacao
Tablespoon of honey
1. Cover the dried fruits in freshly squeezed apple juice (or water, or coconut water) in a bowl and soak for a couple of hours until the fruits plump up. If there is lots of liquid left, drain some of it off and leave it to one side.
2. Add the dessicated coconut and whiz/mulch in a blender, food processor or use a hand held thingy-ma-jig. A reasonably dry but moist mound of raw fruit heaven should be left.
3. Shape into balls/eggs.
4.To make the raw chocolate – melt your coconut butter, add the raw cacao powder and add honey/agave to taste.
5. Cover the balls/eggs in chocolate. As the fruit balls are soooo sweet, I like the surrounding raw choc coating to be really dark to complement…but it’s up to your sophisticated palates to judge.
6. Put in the fridge for an hour or so.
7. Lick your fingers and the bowl…